Per Course Instructor
- MS – University of Rhode Island, 2012
- BS – Syracuse University, 2006
- Authored two scientific papers in 2011 and 2013
- Worked as a Senior Nutritionist at Mass General/Brigham and Women's Health Care Center from 2013-2015
- Have run a private nutrition counseling practice since 2013
- Won Rhode Island Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Emerging Dietetic Leader Award in 2017
Links to share?
Which classes do you teach online?
NFS207, NFS212, NFS567, NFS568
Why did you start teaching?
I enjoy helping students learn to understand nutrition and how it relates to their personal life and choices. I also enjoy sharing my passion for research and teaching MS students how important it is for clinicians to have a good grasp of research as well.
What advice would you give to prospective online RN to BS in Nursing students?
Start slowly–you can always add more courses as you progress through the program, but these classes are intense and take serious time and dedication since they are full semester courses in 7 weeks!
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
One book by Michael Pollan.
What qualities make someone particularly successful in nursing?
Compassion and a scientific approach to learning and work.
What do you think is the biggest challenge that nurses face today?
An increasingly complex medical system and an increasingly complex health insurance environment.
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students may not know.
I used to be a white water kayaker. I still have all the gear, but haven't gone since graduate school.